Featured

["Featured"][slideshow]

Pale Rider - Sound In The Signals Interview

Click READ MORE to check out the interview.

The new EP just came out and this is a new project. Why did you guys decide to start the project and what is your goal with this new project?

Silva: We've been fans of each other for a few years. Both of our groups fell apart and both of our lives were wild for a little while and from the rubble of all that we both decided we weren't ready to become junkies or high school gym teachers just yet. I happen to send him beats all the time and I flew out to Seattle and here we are. I saw Bruce Lee's grave btw.

Deacon: Yeah, I mean... creatively I was in limbo with '87 on hiatus and I was big fan of Silva's A Disturbing New Trend project so I started writing to these beats he was sending to me with the intention of doing an old school one MC/one producer type collaborations. As far as a goal goes... shit... rappers don't quit, they just get weirder. I just want to make music that my friends and fans will enjoy.
.
The EP has really interesting lyrics balanced with really interesting beats. How did you decide what tracks would make the album and what do you usually start with a set of lyrics or the beat?

 Silva: We pretty much used everything we recorded. We wanted enough for an EP; I think of it like introducing  yourself at a bar - I don't need your long winded life story quite yet.

Deacon: If don't feel a beat, I'm not writing to it. So we used every track that was written, too. That being said, there was a lot of self editing lyrically because I knew that we were looking to make a strong impact with only a few       songs.

If you had to pick one track on this new EP that you think best defines it what track would you pick and why?

Silva:  I'd pick "BDP". I made the beat one night when I was in my house alone losing my mind and the only thing I could do that wouldn't result in jail time was to play some synth sounds.  When the synth and drums and aborigine sample came together, relief washed over me in an awesome wave. That's Pale Rider in a nutshell.. we could be out on dual benders but for our sake and yours we did it with a mic and beats in Seattle.

Deacon: Cemetery was the first beat that I heard that made want to write not just one, but a whole set of songs that would be a different from what I had been doing with '87. I love that beat.

I've heard you have a follow-up to this EP already planned. What all can you tell me about the follow-up and when can we expect to hear it?

Silva: All I can reveal is that we will be heading into the desert, getting some drugs, having a vision quest and recording the results.

Deacon: All Bath Salts Everything.

 I guess that about wraps it up. Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions. Do you have any closing comments you'd like to make?

Silva: Follow us at @paleRid_r - we are dropping videos soon and you'd hate to miss em. And this is all a front for my cult.

Deacon: Our cult. One.

No comments: